One of the simplest, most delicious desserts imaginable. The richness of the cream with the freshness of the lemon is just fantastic.
Full recipe below the video.
1 pint of cream (large tub)
2 lemons, juice and zest
- Pour the cream into a small pan and add the lemon zest and sugar.
- Warm through on a low heat, stirring until bubbles appear around the edge.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice. Stir well until the cream is smooth again.
- Pour the cream mixture through a sieve into the serving dishes (glasses, ramekins, whatever works for you). Or first sieve the cream mixture into a jug and pour from this.
- Allow the possets to set in the fridge for around a 2 hours. If you're leaving much longer than this, make sure they're well covered so that they don't dry out.
- Serve as they are, or with an acidic fruit such as raspberries.